- Cooking time
- 35 mins
- 12 people
- Meal course
How to make the cupcakes?
- Set the oven to preheat at 350 degrees. Get a 12-cupped cupcake pan ready by lining it with cupcake liners.
- Take a bowl and in it mix the sugar, salt, baking soda and flour. In another bowl, mix the oil, vanilla, vinegar and nondairy milk. Combine the dry and wet mixture; keep on whisking until they blend perfectly with each other. However, make sure that you don’t end up overmixing.
- Fill 2/3 of each cupcake liner with this batter. Transfer the cupcake pan into the oven and bake for around 20 minutes; take the pan out when you find that a toothpick inserted into any one of the cupcake is coming out dry. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely; and then move into the next step i.e. frosting.
How to make the frosting?
- Take a saucepan, melt the margarine in it and add the brown sugar, salt and nondairy milk. Boil the mixture for 3-4 minutes. Remove it from heat and add the vanilla. Allow the mixture to cool down.
- Add the powdered sugar to the mixture and with a hand or stand mixer beat vigorously. If you feel that the frosting is excessively thick, add a tbsp of nondairy milk. You can add some more milk if required for giving the frosting a thick, but spreadable consistency. Keep on beating until it turns smooth.
- Cover the cupcakes with the frosting, sprinkle some Fleur de sel and serve.