Whole Wheat Belgian Waffles with Mascarpone, Thyme and Strawberries
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and set it aside. Take a bowl, and in it dissolve the dry yeast. Take a bigger bowl, and mix the flour and salt in it. Add the egg yolks, melted butter, yeast-water and honey to the flour; combine carefully to allow the ingredients mix perfectly with each other.
- Beat the egg whites until they turn frothy. Add ½ cup of mascarpone, 50% of the orange zest, and leaves from 10 thyme sprigs. Cover and set the batter aside for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Set the oven to preheat at 200 degrees.
- Cut the strawberries into quarters or slices. Also, turn the waffle iron on. Add some honey, the remaining thyme leaves, the orange juice and the remaining orange zest. Combine well and set the mixture aside.
- Use coconut oil or butter to grease the heated iron. On it put a cupful of the freshly prepared batter. Cook until its outer edges turn crispy and get a delightful golden color. Transfer the waffles into the oven. Keep it there while you use the remaining batter in the same manner; this will keep the waffles warm.
- Serve the waffles with mascarpone cheese and gussied strawberries. Don’t forget to drizzle a bit of honey.
Already convinced? Join us by registering right now.